Saturday 29 October 2016

OHSS

I have OHSS, that sounds like fun you say.  No, no it is not.  That is what happens when they take out all of the follicles and then it fills back up with fluid and you gain more than 5lbs in a day.  Then you have to monitor your water/gatorade fluid intake and output.  Not to the point of measuring it, but pretty close.  It also means a lot more rest and no tomfoolery.  That seems ok since today Ryan and I are hosting a Halloween Poker Party for 30 people.  Obviously we planned this well before we knew our retrieval date.  I did so much decorating and prep work before the retrieval, and we are ordering a lot of food in.  But it is still a lot of work.  I can barely stand for longer than 30 minutes and I pretty much live with a heating pad on my abdomen and all hoped up on tylenol.  I have terrible cramping, and I have no idea how I am going to lay down with a heating pad on while having a party.

We are doing a Nintendo themed party because we are super cool and have even cooler friends and family.  I know that everyone would have understood if we had of cancelled or postponed the event, but this party was the one thing getting me through this hell that is infertility.


No comments:

Post a Comment