Wednesday 7 January 2015

Well well well look who is back!  Last night I decided to try a new Pinterest recipe.  I am not sure if people lose their minds when they post on Pinterest, or if they deliberately want to sabotage everyone's dinner.  Either way, every time that I try a new recipe I am skeptical.

The recipe that I tried last night was Baked Ravioli from Tasty Kitchen.  I made a few modifications, and it turned out really well. The calorie count was really high, which is helpful in offsetting all of my hard work at the gym.

The link is below (I think, I basically have no idea what I am doing when it come to that). I made my recipe with the same cook time and temperature, however I made the following changes.


  1. I used a 700g package of Olivieri Spinach and Cheese Ravioli.  I bought this fresh and then I froze it.  I am very clever that way.
  2. I used 2 bottles of Classico sauce.  You can use whatever flavour you desire.  I would not suggest 4 cheese, as someone may have used that and the dish was a tad too rich (every time I use that word I think of my boyfriend's dad, as this is his name, and he is a bit of a rascal)
  3. I used Kraft Skim Mozzarella. I probably used 3/4 of a 460g block.  I don't generally measure when I cook, which comes in handy when I modify a recipe and then have to remember what I did 6 months later.  I mixed this in with 3 handfuls (I have small hands, so small that I can wear children's batting gloves) of the 100% shredded parmesan cheese.
  4. I didn't use cheese between the layers as that seemed like it would be too much.  I also didn't spray the pan (The HORROR)

I put 3/4 cup of sauce in the bottom of the glass 9X13 baking dish.  Then I layered the frozen ravioli and sauce until I reached the last layer of ravioli.  I dumped the remaining sauce on top (at this point I wish that I had been a bit more scant on the last layer) and then sprinkled with my tiny fairy hands the mozzarella/parmesan blend.  I covered the top with foil, and popped it into the 400F oven.  Then I sat on the couch and rubbed my boyfriend's feet for 30 minutes.  When the timer went off I washed my hands, removed the tinfoil and then baked for 20 more minutes to make sure that the middle was not frozen (which by the way every time that I see the word frozen I start singing Let It Go in my head.  I do not have children, so kudos to Disney on their movie that has brainwashed everyone into signing zombies.  I feel a bit like Derek Zoolander when he was sent to assassinate the Prime Minister of Malaysia)  There you have it.  It was a pretty easy dinner and overall tasted really nice.  I paired it with a side of baby spinach and some sparkling water.

http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/main-courses/baked-ravioli/



No comments:

Post a Comment