Thursday 8 December 2016

Transfer Date

Today went well, my doctor was the 6th doctor at Olive and now my punch card has been filled.  We were back in the same area that we were in for the egg retrieval.

I got to sport the beautiful teal skirt again and this time I was smart and work socks.  Mind you they were Christmas socks unintentionally as all of my other socks were dirty and I cannot lift my laundry basket and I keep forgetting to ask Ryan about to help me.  I suck at asking for help, which Ryan will attest to.

Anyway back to the transfer.  So no fancy IVs and fentanyl this time.  However I did have a full bladder and couldn't wait to go pee.  So there I go into the procedure room and get on the fancy table.  This time they came in with a clipboard and I had to verify it was embryo.  Then I got to watch on a screen as they sucked it up and brought it in.  In the mean time they had the catheter in my cervix all ready to go.  They inserted the embryo using the ultrasound machine to make sure the embryo was going into the best position.   Once the doctor was done I was so happy to go to the bathroom.  Then I got changed and went back upstairs for my post embryo transfer acupuncture which made me fall asleep so quickly.  Then it was home to rest for 48 hours.  It is funny because we have had friends do the same procedures and they were not told to rest.

I also have to keep on doing the estrace, and endometrin until week 10 should this take.  I also have abstain from sex until we get a negative or until our first ultrasound. For anyone that knows me you will know that I have a high sex drive and this is torture for me.  Ryan and I were so busy/stressed/sick before my transfer so we barely had any intimacy then.  I also cannot wait to get back to barre fitness when I finally get clearance.  Now we have the wait until the 19th for our HCG test.

No comments:

Post a Comment